SOCIAL MEDIA CASE STUDY
Background and Objective
The Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovations Center (i4c) is a part of Persistent Systems Ltd. and aims to create and foster a culture of innovative thinking.
i4c has been conducting the Smart India Hackathon for engineering college students in India for the past 4 years. The Smart India Hackathon is supported by the Ministry of HRD and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This is an all India competition and offers students an opportunity to apply technology innovation to solve real problems. The 2019 Smart India Hackathon was held at 65 locations across India and over 5 million college students participated.
i4c was looking for a social media agency partner to further amplify their communications to student audiences all over India, grow the community, and increase participation in various initiatives. MarketAxis Consulting was chosen, based on our creative and management credentials.
- Complete ownership of the social media presence of the Smart India Hackathon on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Continually growing audience engagement with interesting posts and creative messaging.
- Communicating all event-related specifics such as shortlists, deadlines, training schedules, and announcements.
- Managing the budgeting, targeting, design, and execution of paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Publishing content in a variety of formats including live sessions, webinars, videos, and posts.
Creative messaging promoted through organic and paid methods helped to achieve participation targets for various events and initiatives of the Smart India Hackathon.
One of the audience engagement initiatives we designed for the Smart India Hackathon achieved a reach of over 10,000 on all channels, over 42,000 impressions, and over 5800 engagements – purely with organic distribution.
This led to the client entrusting us with the social media marketing of more programs such as the Smart School Hackathon, a Kids Against Corona poster competition, and a blogathon.
The Kids Against Corona poster competition for Indian school students achieved a reach of 224,000 on Facebook, and over 18,000 engagements, using a combination of organic and paid boosts. Twitter impressions were over 27,000.
We are now managing social media for multiple initiatives of i4c that are targeted to very diverse audiences such as engineering students, school students, and corporates.
We are fully involved with the national roll-out of the Smart School Hackathon and the blogathon.